29.12.13

Review: Addicted to You by Krista & Becca Ritchie

She’s addicted to sex. He’s addicted to booze…the only way out is rock bottom.
No one would suspect shy Lily Calloway’s biggest secret. While everyone is dancing at college bars, Lily stays in the bathroom. To get laid. Her compulsion leads her to one-night stands, steamy hookups and events she shamefully regrets. The only person who knows her secret happens to have one of his own.
Loren Hale’s best friend is his bottle of bourbon. Lily comes at a close second. For three years, they’ve pretended to be in a real relationship, hiding their addictions from their families. They’ve mastered the art of concealing flasks and random guys that filter in and out of their apartment.
But as they sink beneath the weight of their addictions, they cling harder to their destructive relationship and wonder if a life together, for real, is better than a lie. Strangers and family begin to infiltrate their guarded lives, and with new challenges, they realize they may not just be addicted to alcohol and sex.
Their real vice may be each other. 

Title: Addicted to You
Author:Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie
Publisher: Self Published
Source: Netgalley
Format: e-book
Series: Yes




Those who know my reading choices know I very rarely read books that could be described as erotic or New Adult. I might read three or four a year but I only ever give them two stars, maybe three if they’re lucky. I always find them to be repetitive, nothing new in the slightest. When I read them it’s usually for a quick read, something that can be described as pure fluff, nothing substantial to them at all. I thought that’s what I would be in for with Addicted to You. You have no idea how much this book surprised me.


Lily and Lo are both addicts. Lily is addicted to sex, Lo is addicted to alcohol. They’ve been friends since they were kids and entered into a fake relationship three years before the beginning of the story to keep their parents in the dark to their problems. This has worked so far but what happens when they decide to make a go at a real relationship?

This book couldn’t have been more of a surprise to me. As I said above, I don’t usually read this type of book. The focus on sex never really appeals to me all that much, but this book takes that to a whole new level. To be honest, this review is probably barely going to make sense as I am still in awe of this book while typing.

The relationships in this book were simply fantastic! Lo and Lily’s relationship is so complicated. They both enable each other in their addictions yet care for each other immeasurably. They see no true harm in what they are doing. While both wish the other could simply get over their addictions, or a t least try, both know that to ask the other to do so would mean having to quit their own addictions and this is something they are not willing to do.

I’ve never read a book about addiction before and I’ve been lucky enough to never have to deal with it in real life, but for me this story dealt with it very well. While both Lily and Lo truly loved adored each other, there was no way they were going to give up their addictions just for each other. I found this really interesting to read, the debated in Lilys head were fascinating to read. She always found a way to justify fulfilling her need for sex. No matter the situation she’d always justify her need, and no matter how terrible she felt afterwards it never stopped her the next time. I loved how this book dealt realistically with addictions.
I also loved the characters in this book. To be honest Connor had to be my favourite, though I enjoyed Roses and Rykes forthrightness. Connor was absolutely hilarious with how he dealt with people, a strange mix of honesty and charm. The characters are what truly made this story stand out.

I would recommend this book to anyone. In fact, I think you should go out and buy/borrow it immediately! This book has become one of my favourite reads of the year overnight! Now turn off your computer and go get the book!




Have you read Addicted to You? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment