10.2.14

The Unreviewed

The Unreviewed is a new feature on this blog. It is a round up of books I've read but have not had a chance to review. They could be books I loved or books that were a DNF. Each book will be accompanied by a small review!

I can't wait to get started on this new feature! There are so many books that I've read in the past few months but just couldn't find a chance to review. It's about time I got around to writing about them!



Daughters of the Nile by Stephanie Dray


I really enjoyed this book. It's the conclusion to the Cleopatra's Daughter series and it really just the series justice. I discovered this series last year and it had me hooked immediately! I had to wait so long for the finale of the trilogy to be released, but it was worth it!
Daughter's of the Nile continues Selene's story as she escapes the emperors grasp and comes into her true power as a queen. I loved seeing Selene come to accept her life in Mauretania with Juba. I enjoyed seeing the love blossom between them, when Selene was not reaching for the impossible. This is the first series ender in a long time that was absolutely fantastic, and just as good as the first two books in the series!

Source: NetGalley
Add to Goodreads




Me, Cinderella by Aubrey Rose


Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this book that much. It had potential as a fun Adult novel, with the wealthy teacher rescuing his pretty student and giving her everything she could want, but it never quite gripped me. The whole book, as far as I read it, seemed to revolve around the two main characters grief over the death of their loved ones. Nether seemed to have any other emotions. Grief was the only thing they had in common from what I could see.
I wish I could recommend it for another reader, but I don't think I can. It just wasn't a good book in my opinion.

Source: NetGalley
Add to Goodreads
DNF







The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

I went into The Darkest Minds with such high hopes, I had heard so many great things about this book and was dying to jump right in. While I don't think it quite matched the hype, The Darkest Minds was a great, fun read with such an original concept.
One of the things I didn't like about it was the obvious lack of foresight on behalf of the adults. If all the kids without powers die, and you are more than happy to keep the remaining ones in camps and making them despise you, then what will the future bring? As the adults age, they will obviously need the kids for everything and yet that hasn't been taken into consideration at all. This kept annoying me throughout the book
Saying that, this book was very good and I'll definitely be sticking around for the next in the series.

Source: Bought
Add to Goodreads



Resist by Sarah Crossan


I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Breathe, but unfortunately I just couldn't get into this one. I found the story to be very boring, and seemed to me to be too similar to the first book. It felt like I was re-reading the first book. The pace was the exact same, there was no character growth that I could see and the story seemed to be going n circles. I really thought that this would be a fun read, but it was a real effort to read as much of it as I did.

Source: NetGalley
Add to Goodreads
DNF











I think that's enough for today! I'll be continuing with The Unreviewed next week! Let me know in the comments what you thought of these books!



2 comments:

  1. I like your new feature! The Darkest Minds is on my tbr shelf. I'm glad to hear that you though the book was a fun read, even if some of the plot didn't make sense. I'm so curious to see if I'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh The Darkest Minds is on my Kindle at the moment. Hopefully I enjoy it more! I enjoyed Breathe but I just don't fancy reading the sequel.

    ★ Under The Mountain ★

    ReplyDelete